In this article, we give you Leica Q2 review, and also we tell you all about its specifications and its all features. The Leica Compact, the full-frame street shooter got a severe boost in resolution only. On Thursday 7 March, Leica Q2 unveiled. It’s come with 47.3-megapixel full-frame sensor, updated processor, new viewfinder and a particular lens camera packing in new weather-sealing.
Like its predecessor, Leica Q2 is a full-frame camera in which ASPH with a summary 28 mm f/1.7 has been fixed permanently in a design that the company offers for street photography, architecture, travel and so on — promoted as an ideal. The second generation runs from a 24-megapixel sensor to 47.3 megapixels. Resolution Boost also takes over the video, which is capable of capturing 4K on Q2 30 and movies 4K at 24 fps. Full HD is still available, which has a slow speed of 120-FPS.
Leica Q2 review, specification, and all features in full detail:
Leica Q2 sensor
The sensor comes with 47 megapixels, and when we are well out of the megapixel race. It creates opportunities for an advantageous cropped shooting mode so that you shoot 35, 50 and 75 mm counterparts. Can, while still, large pixels are capturing counts. It keeps full frame exposure, and you can break the crop later. This sensor also has a super low indigenous ISO of 50, which should help in dynamical range and some exposure situations.
Leica Q2 Lens
The key to the popularity of the Q-Series is the incorporation of a fixed small 28 mm f/1.7 wide-angle prime lens. Blending Leica Optical knows precisely how the image matches the image sensor. This lens also contains three spherical elements to control deformation and spherical aberration for great and accurate rendering. Its fastest f/1.7 max aperture is even in low light conditions and provides better control over the depth of the field. While expanding its versatility, a dedicated macro focusing position can also be used to work with topics, which is in the form of 6.7 “away.” Furthermore, optical image stabilization helps to compensate for the effects of camera shake for sharper handheld shooting.
Leica Q2 Design
- The high-resolution 3.68MP (1280 x 960) OLED electronic viewfinder provides a clear and realistic way for viewing eye level. Its high refresh rate virtually eliminates intervals, and an updated I sensor provides fast automatic switching between EVF and Rear LCD.
- Rear 3.0 “1.04m-dot LCD has a touchscreen design for intuitive navigation and playback, as well as the ability to touch to focus.
- The body of the light magnesium alloy is dust and moisture seal (IP52-rated) for use in harsh environmental conditions.
- Button diaper adjustment, and hold a specific thumb.
- Mechanical Shutter After Flash Sync Speed is up to 1/500 sec.
- To attach the optional filter is 49 mm filter thread diameter in the lens.
- Adopting BP-SCL4 batteries, as used with SL (type 601) mirrorless camera, improves 370 shots per charge and physical design of the battery involves a rubber gasket to strengthen the overall weather sealing. Does it
Enhanced haptics after the suit of the M10 and CL-series cameras, emphasizes a simple interface with a single-stage on/off button. A three-button rear control set, a program button inside thumb-wheel dial, a push is.
- Accepts an SD-type memory card and supports the UHS-II protocol.
- Leica Q2 has built-in Wi-Fi, when used in conjunction with the Leica FOTOS app for iOS and Android, allows sharing of imagery directly on a linked mobile device and through live view image, Q2 and Remote control also enables remote control. Also, Bluetooth leverages a permanent connection between the mobile device and the camera, so that the camera’s remote jogging and automatic connection can be ever within range.
Leica Q2 Processing Engine
This camera added 50.4Mp (47.3Mp Effective Pixel Count) sensor to Q2 with an updated version of its Maestest processing engine.
It enables the maximum continuous shooting rate of 10fps (second per frame) in the sensitivity range of ISO 50-50,000 and continuous high-speed mode or 20 fps in constant superspeed mode. The latter is used the electronic shutter to enable the faster speed.
Leica Q2 Full Specification:
|Camera type||35mm digital compact camera|
|Lens construction||Three aspherical elements, 11 elements in 9 groups|
|Digital Zoom||DNG, DNG + JPEG or JPEG|
|Aperture range||f/1.7 to f/16 in 1/3 EV steps|
|Sensor||Full-frame CMOS sensor with 50.4Mp (total), and 47.3Mp (effective)|
|Lens||Leica Summilux 28 mm f/1.7 ASPH.|
|File format||28mm, 35mm, and also 50mm|
|Focusing||Manual or Automatic (Single or continuous)|
|Sensitivity||Automatic, ISO 50 50000|
|Storage||SD/SDHC/SDXC memory cards Recommended: UHS-II memory cards|
|JPG settings||Natural, monochrome, all with further settings for contrast, and also come with high-contrast monochrome, sharpness in 5 steps, and saturation.|
|Video Resolution||4K: 30 or 24 fps. C4K: 24 fps. Full HD 24, 30, 60 or 120 fps|
|Focus range||30cm to infinity, 17cm in Macro mode|
|Shutter type||Single field, multi-field (49 fields), face recognition, subject tracking system), and also optional setting/shutter release by touching the monitor screen|
|Exposure Modes||Choice of mechanical, electronic or hybrid|
|Multi-segment, center-weighted, spot|
|Max Continuous shooting rate||10fps with the mechanical shutter, 20fps with an electronic shutter|
|Metering||Aperture priority, manual setting, and shutter speed priority.
Scene modes: Automatic, sport, landscape, night portrait, snow/beach, fireworks, candlelight, portrait, sunset, miniature effect, digiscoping, panorama, and HDR
|Shutter speed||60 s to 1/2000 s with the mechanical shutter, 1 s to 1/40,000 s with electronic shutter, in 1/3 steps|
|Exposure Compensation||± 3 EV in 1/3-EV steps|
|Viewfinder||OLED with 1280 x 960 pixels x 3 colours (= 3.68Mp). 4:3 ratio of 100% with 21 mm eye relief.|
|Battery life||370 images|
|Connectivity||Wi-Fi and Bluetooth|
|Battery||Leica BP-SCL4 lithium-ion battery, rated voltage: 7.2V, capacity: 1860 mAh|
|Screen||Fixed 3-inch 1,040,000-dot TFT touchscreen|
|Dimensions (W x H x D||130 x 80 x 91.9 mm|
|Weight||718g / 637g (with / without battery)|
If you want to know more about Enserch Photography Workshop Features and Benefits, then you have to click on this. In this article to easily know about Enserch photography and also know about its working system. This article helps you to know the photograph edit and other thing related to photography.
I am Anshul Ahuja. I am Ceo and Content Writer who formerly work out of TECHKIDA office. A writer by a day and a reader by night. I Like to learn and share technical tips with you. And I Love Blogging.